United States Naval Armed Custom License Plate Coming Soon










ELIGIBILITY:  You must submit proof that you were honorably discharged

from the United States Naval Armed Guard.  If it is listed on your DD-214 discharge papers, you may submit a copy of them along with form MV-412.  If it is not listed on your DD-214, you may request a letter of verification from the following:


Modern Military Records

National Archives and Records Administration

8601 Adelphi Road

College Park, MD  20740-6001


Phone:  (301) 837-3510

E-Mail:  inquiry@nara.gov


The ships’ roll of Armed Guards is sorted by vessel, so please be sure to include the name of the vessel to which you were assigned.  You may put your request to the attention of either Deborah Edge or Barry Zerby. 


COST:  Custom plate fees are separate from your regular registration fee.


The initial cost for a set of these plates with a number assigned by the Department of Motor Vehicles is $28.  The numbers range from 100NVL to 999NVL and are assigned according to the next number that is available.  There is no annual renewal fee for the plates. 


For a personalized set of these plates, the initial cost is $53.  You may choose at least two but no more than six letters, numbers, and spaces.   There is a $25 annual renewal fee for the plates. 


HOW TO PAY:  The Department of Motor Vehicles accepts all major credit cards or you may pay by check, made payable to the Commissioner of Motor Vehicles.



QUESTIONS?  Call the Custom Plates Unit at (518) 402-4838, Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.